The need to evolve with time is human nature. Similarly, the evolving technology has brought many advances in the field of dentistry. There are few things that you can’t fix with the ever changing technology nowadays. Here are 5 such advances in dentistry that have been introduced in a dentist’s practice.
The Wand Anesthesia System
The most common reason why people tend to postpone their dental appointments is the fear of being uncomfortable and in pain. The first thing that comes to any patient’s mind before any procedure starts is the injecting of anesthesia which creates problems due to high anxiety in the patient. The Wand System enables the doctor to deliver an anesthesia in the mouth without a syringe.
- A computer controlled release of the anesthesia which freezes the affected area of the mouth.
- Don’t have to worry about your entire mouth going numb since it only numbs the area around the tooth that the procedure is being performed on.
- Make you feel more relaxed and comfortable getting a dental procedure done.
- You don’t have to worry about eating,drinking or slurring after the procedure is complete.
3D Dental Images via The Complete Cloud™
This 3D cone imaging support is a system that helps you access all records and images from anywhere in the world. It also helps the doctor detect more issues like tumours, length of roots, planning the course of action for the impacted teeth and much more. Doctors can be sitting at home and they will still be able to view your records.
- It helps you access all information from anywhere in the world.
- It cuts down on the cost of hardware and supplies like hard disks
- In case of emergencies, a doctor can give the patient a consultation even if they are off premises by viewing the patient’s records regardless of his/her location.
- Providing more complex information about the patient’s dental health, it helps build trust between the doctor and the patient.
Teledentistry was earlier used when a general dentist would have to call a specialist for a major problem while performing a procedure. Developing with time teledentistry now can be used by patients to consult a doctor virtually or through a telephone which takes dental consultations to a new level.
- It reduces the cost and effort of going for a dental consultation that costs relatively much more in dental offices.
- Patients don’t have to worry about not having a dental insurance to pay their bills.
- It greatly benefits people that have a problem commuting to dental offices or living in rural areas amongst places like nursing homes or senior homes.
- It helps you consult top dental doctors from anywhere you are for the best care.
Lasers have made getting many procedures done extremely simple having multiple applications. A laser can be used to reduce sensitivity or pain in some cases, reducing swelling and bleeding. It can be used to detect and remove bacteria, reshape your teeth, for whitening your teeth or taking a small piece out for biopsy purposes.
- It reduces anxiety in the patient to get a procedure by reducing pain
- It is extremely time saving and accurate both for the patient and the doctor
Computer technology has reached far in every field including the field of dentistry. The CAD/CAM technology i.e. Computer-assisted design (CAD) and computer-assisted manufacture (CAM) technology is used in making dental restorations from veneers, crowns, fixed partial dentures to even full-mouth reconstruction.
- A process that traditionally took weeks, can now be done in an hour or two.
- Due to the scanning the digitally carving of the dental restorations there is a low to no chance or error.
- Since the entire process is performed in a single go there is no need for a temporary restoration.
- It may cost you slightly more for a long appointment but it cuts the outsourcing charges.
We have an experienced team of professionals at the multi-speciality Dental Health Care Center – Creative Smiles with Dr. Veejay Deshpandey, Dental Surgeon and Implantologist and an innovator in the field of Implant Dentistry heading the team. At Creative Smiles, we offer the most advanced dental services at very affordable prices.
Creative Smiles, in Thane, Mumbai can bring the sparkle back to your smile and help you attain a smile you’ll be proud to show off. To learn more about the benefits of full mouth rehabilitation, contact us to schedule your no-obligation consultation today!