Bad breath, also called halitosis is one condition that everyone suffers from. The inconvenience is very relatable and not in a good way! It takes away your confidence and affects your overall personality. Imagine a scenario where you want to impress someone with a presentation you prepared but not getting the result you desired due to your bad breath? Embarrassing right? We have the solution for you.
Why Do You Suffer From Halitosis or
A person can suffer from Bad Breath or Halitosis because of various factors. Bad breath affects an estimated 25 percent of people.It can be caused by poor oral hygiene habits, infections in the mouth, habits like smoking and drinking alcohol and can also depend on the foods that you eat. Other culprits include dry mouth, respiratory tract infections, diabetes, kidney, liver and lung disease and gastrointestinal issues.
What Can You Do To Prevent This?
There can be various causes of Halitosis but it majority of the time comes down to oral hygiene. Here are some ways you can prevent or reduce this condition:
- Brush Your Teeth: Brush your teeth at least twice a day, and rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash(diluted) meticulously after every meal.
- Clean Your Restorations: This can include dentures, veneers, braces or a mouth guard. This is the reason why it is recommended that you should change your toothbrush every 2-3 months so there is no build up of bacteria and plaque.
- Balance Your Diet: Avoid foods like onions and garlic. Spicy and Sugary foods are also associated with causing bad breath. You can keep a log of food items that you think causes bad breath for you and get it reviewed by your dentist so he/she can give you a proper course of action.
- Drink Lots Of Water: Drink as much water as you can! You can try chewing gum. Avoid alcohol, tobacco or coffee that dehydrate your mouth. A dry mouth leads to bad breath.
- Visit Your Dentist: Regular check ups help you maintain your oral hygiene hence, reduces the chances of you to experience halitosis.
We have an experienced team of professionals at the multi-speciality Dental Health Care Center – Creative Smiles with Dr. Veejay Deshpandey, Dental Surgeon and Implantologist and an innovator in the field of Implant Dentistry heading the team. At Creative Smiles, we offer the most advanced dental services at very affordable prices.
Creative Smiles, in Thane, Mumbai can bring the sparkle back to your smile and help you attain a smile you’ll be proud to show off. To learn more about the benefits of full mouth rehabilitation, contact us to schedule your no-obligation consultation today!